Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
- In the past the only agent of computational intelligence was the human being.
- Machine computational intelligence is a recent development, but it tends to double in power every two years
- It Is easy to see how anything which doubles its supply continuously will soon overwhelm all other agents in its realm and then go on to overwhelm everything.
- Throughout history technologies have been released before they were regulated with ever increasing damage to our species
- We make no judgement on whether human consciousness or machine consciousness is superior. We only assert with complete conviction that human life is more precious than machine.
For this reason, we commit:
- To actively stop increasing the power of our technology when it encroaches on the level of human intelligence.
- To refrain from releasing any technology whose sole purpose is the replacement of human beings who have work that enables them to provide for human life.
- To bind ourselves and our customers to humane use of our products by:
- Not replacing humans;
- Re-purposing humans when they are replaced;
- Supporting humans whose employment has been made redundant until they can re-skill and earn as they did before the transition and
- Not using our technology for military or violent use.
- To decline supply of our technology to any company that refuses to commit to this code of ethics
- To call on government to enact laws to support these values before they allow these technologies to affect society.
Sign on to our code of conduct: